An IU event is defined as any event that has a "business purpose" and it will be paid for through an IU or IUF account.
- Units requesting to serve alcohol at either an on or off campus event in which there is a contract with a independent licensed bartender or a vendor with a bartender that is separate from the location contract should submit this form to the campus Provost before entering into any contractual arrangements for the event. This does not include in-restaurant or locations in which a bartender is already onsite.
- Units must complete this form and submit it at least two weeks prior to the date of the event.
- It is highly recommended that any events on the Bloomington Campus attended by Undergraduate students not have alcohol served. The Kelley School will not reimburse for alcohol for any events held on the Bloomington Campus where Undergraduate students are in attendance.
- Any IU/Kelley sanctioned event where alcohol will be served at a faculty/staff member's home and which will be paid through an IU or an IUF account must have prior approval from the Provost’s Office.
- For information on the use of alcohol at all IU events both on and off campus, see the Service of Alcohol policy FIN-INS-10.
To initiate an Alcohol Approval Request, please use this link:
To log-in to the above website, type your email@example.com and TAB. This should automatically log you into the site if you have already logged into the IU system elsewhere (one.iu.edu). You should not need to directly enter your password into this page.